5 Steps to Achieving Balance and Avoiding Burnout as a Creator
Creators see the positive and possible in the world. We connect ideas to outcomes.
The downside is we see all the flaws and missed opportunities when something fails to reach its full potential.
- Learning, NOT Doing
- Constantly distracted
- Stuck in a learning loop
- Hoarding emails, articles & inspiration
There may be others influencing the outcome. You may not be the only one with expectations or the most crucial cog. So don’t dwell on, or get frustrated with, what is out of your control.
- Set constraints, reduce expectations and find the positive in progression. The fact that the needle is moving is a positive.
- Be protective of your time and attention. Don’t allow the ‘what if’ to blur your focus or distract you.
- Set specific times or blocks for possibilities. Give the dreamer wiggle room to think and explore but stop when the time is up.
- Apply an output & action mindset. Research with specific projects in mind that you can apply your efforts to now.
- It’s not all excitement: It’s not always excitement and passion. Some things in life are ‘must do’ box-ticking exercises. So tick the box and move on quickly. Apply your passion elsewhere.
“A fight is not won by one punch or kick. So either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard.”Bruce Lee
Be patient. Very few things will reach their full potential in round one. Athletes strive for but don’t expect perfection.